Welwyn Garden City Schools Partnership
Your local schools partnership is there to offer help to you to improve outcomes for children and young people and to help to make it easier for you to support your children with their learning.
Useful Web Sites for Parents
- www.childnet-int.org - A non-profit making organisation working directly with children, parents and teachers to ensure that the issues of online child protection and children’s safe and positive use of the internet are addressed. Childnet International produce an online CD guide specifically for parents KnowITAll - www.childnet-int.org/kia/
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk - The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre has set up its own edcational website which has been designed and written specifically for children, young people, teachers, parents and carers.
- www.getsafeonline.org/ A beginners guide to using the Internet safety, including a quiz and some video tutorials about how to ‘stay safe’ on-line.
- www.kidsmart.org.uk/ - Kidsmart is an award winning internet safety website for parents and those working with children. It has been developed by the children's internet charity Childnet International and has excellent information on many of the technologies used by children, with guidance on how to ‘stay safe’ online.
- http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2011/10/advice-for-parents/ - Managing your Media - Good Ofcom online safety video and guide for parents/carers
- www.bullying.co.uk - One in five young people have experienced bullying by text message or via email. This web site gives advice for children and parents on bullying.
- www.chatdanger.com/ - This website is about the potential dangers with interactive services online like chat, IM, online games, email and on mobiles. It provides information, advice, true stories and games. The resource page also contains a number of links to other useful websites.
- http://parents.vodafone.com/ - Vodafone have developed this website in conjunction with mumsnet. It is very accessible and provides information and guidance to parents with understanding their child’s digital world and get more involved. There is even an on-line test to see how much you know!
Due to severe weather or public emergency information will be available on the Herts Direct website
This information will also be announced on Jack FM (10.67FM and 106.9FM)
Hertfordshire Grid For Learning
Healthier, Safer, Greener Journeys to School - Hertfordshire's Sustainable Modes of Travel Strategy (SMoTS)
The school have a small number of leaflets of the above doc. The leaflet is also available online at www.hertsdirect.org/schooltravel. Also available at this web address is a Hertfordshire schools journey planner. The documents are designed to help families plan their journey to school particularly at the transition time from primary to secondary.