We have spent time developing a curriculum for the children of Harwood Hill School.
We wanted our curriculum to:
- Make children go home and want to talk to their parents about what they have been learning.
- Be designed BY the teachers of our school FOR the children of our school.
- Take in our local area and include things which are important to our school.
- Challenge every single learner regardless of ability.
- Provide our pupils with total immersion in their learning
We now have our own 'Creative Currriculum', designed by us. Things you will see as a result of this:
- Topics starting with 'Launch Days' where children may come into school dressed up, have visitors in and lots lots more.
- Children being immersed in their learning, broadening and deepening their understanding.
- A skills-based curriculum which prepares pupils well for life-long learning.
See individual class pages to view the curriculum in action.